(and 'skipper') needed a leak and so he took the opportunity for a civilised stretch of the legs on the creek bank - I didn't hesitate for a second, and immediately pushed the boat back into deep water where I continued fishing .... still no damn fish! Geoff was left to spectate (see photo) while I fired up the motor and took the tinnie for a blat upstream and back again at my pleasure! I should have left him there, but I'm a gentleman fisher and so picked him up and we headed home. I'm now 10 points behind (I only need to catch 4 jacks in our next session and I'll be back in the lead)!
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
This journey is starting to suck! Sunday 08-Aug-10
After a respectful period of mourning for the gold bomber we headed back to the water for another tournament session ... back to Boambee, the scene of the recent devastation. High Tide was about midday, and we got on the water at around 2pm for the rising tide, motoring down to the Jew hole and drifting back. A clear chilly afternoon but not too bad if you were in the sun! I chucked around a bit with some hardbodies around the deeper water here, but no interest and was looking very quiet in the water - so quickly changed strategy and stuck with soft plastics for the rest of session to give me a better chance against Geoffro in landing some flatties. As we drifted down towards the junction with Newport creek, things picked up and I landed the first lizard (undersize) using a Bloodworm wriggler. The Bloodworms proved effective for both of us as we each landed a handful of undersize flatties in this spot. We then decided to follow the tide down Newport Ck as we had some success there last trip. After a lot of mucking about to get the boat over the shallow water at the sand bar we got going. Very quiet until we got back to our last trip's 'good spot' and Geoff picked up the first legal flattie - the bastard then collected another 2 legal flatties to my 1 undersize. Talk of "it's not who wins ... it's the journey" ensued - smug @#%&*! As the chill set in, and my spirits dwindled, we headed back to the boat ramp. We stopped at the only sun-lit patch of the creek on the way and flicked about for a few minutes in a last ditch effort to catch a few more. It was here that my only spot of justice (getting even) was found ... the tournament leader
(and 'skipper') needed a leak and so he took the opportunity for a civilised stretch of the legs on the creek bank - I didn't hesitate for a second, and immediately pushed the boat back into deep water where I continued fishing .... still no damn fish! Geoff was left to spectate (see photo) while I fired up the motor and took the tinnie for a blat upstream and back again at my pleasure! I should have left him there, but I'm a gentleman fisher and so picked him up and we headed home. I'm now 10 points behind (I only need to catch 4 jacks in our next session and I'll be back in the lead)!
(and 'skipper') needed a leak and so he took the opportunity for a civilised stretch of the legs on the creek bank - I didn't hesitate for a second, and immediately pushed the boat back into deep water where I continued fishing .... still no damn fish! Geoff was left to spectate (see photo) while I fired up the motor and took the tinnie for a blat upstream and back again at my pleasure! I should have left him there, but I'm a gentleman fisher and so picked him up and we headed home. I'm now 10 points behind (I only need to catch 4 jacks in our next session and I'll be back in the lead)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment