We headed to Boambee Ck at 10am to fish the incoming tide. Beautiful winter's day, sun shining, blue skies and a light cool breeze that wasn't too bothersome.
![]() |
| The skipper refuses to get his feet wet! |
The tide didn't actually turn until around 11.30 so we didn't really start seeing some action till the afternoon when the water started to move!
I brought out my secret weapon - against the fish rather than Geoffrey - a packet of dry 'fish burley' pellets! We quickly agreed they were within the spirit of the comp, however despite feeding the chooks a number a times, failed to see anything that could be described as a "feeding frenzy" as described on the packet!
I had a good start picking up a half dozen undersize flatties to Geoff's single undersize flattie ... much better (in terms of numbers) than my last session.
![]() |
| Enzo and his 37cm grunter |
We drifted down Newports to our special bend that tends to produce results. Some surface action was spotted and we both quickly cast into the area - mine landing closest which was rewarded a few seconds later with a hookup on a grunter (37cm a PB, see the pic).
I also picked up a flattie of the same size while Geoff finally got his second fish, a 36cm flattie.
It was starting to get late in the arvo and Geoff was getting sick of tying Albright knots due to various nasty snags he seemed to be finding regularly.
We headed back to the top boat ramp and stopped along the way to where we fist dropped some pellets over the side, after about 15 minutes of very quiet fishing Geoff picked up a very nice 47cm flattie - bastard.
That finished up the session with an official draw.


Needs to be noted that Enzo has done a fine Job getting the post on so quickly unlike myself whom tends to leave it quite a while. Good job Enz, I would like to say it is worthy of an extra championship point............but alas NO! I was definitely out fished today, spending the majority of my time re-rigging my gear. And and luck would have it after I had almost thrown the towel in. I tied yet another Albright and got the nice flattie at the end. I hope it tastes good Enz. I think this Burley idea has merit!
ReplyDeleteFred the flattie made a very nice dinner, barbecued with some potatoes, salad and a glass of white... Yum!
ReplyDelete